Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Photographers, Stop doing free shoots!

I'm in the talks with a few models right now and I am asking them to pay me to do a shoot. I posted a travel notice on MM (see my profile here: http://www.modelmayhem.com/yvallee ). A few models have contacted me saying they want to do a shoot with me, but none of them want to pay for the shoot. They either want it for free, or they want to be paid. Seriously, I think the quality of my work deserves remuneration and I am not willing to do any shoot for free. I think there are just too many photographers out there that give their work for free and models now expect everything for free. This is not fair. I just want to send a message to my fellow photographers who read this...Please don't do any work for free, unless you are a beginner in this field. If your work is good, you deserve to be paid and don't accept anything for free, otherwise you are cheapening the market for all of us (and yourself as well, if you want to be a photographer in the future). Thanks for understanding and great shooting everyone!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment